Its been a while since I blogged, well, its been a hectic few weeks after our trip to the Algarve, Carveorio to be exact. We had such a wonderful time on holiday, with blue skies, plenty of sunshine, dancing, laughing and good times. Since then, I have been totally blissed out that I have also become a little neglectful of my blog. But, I can assure you that I am back, I am rested and I am rearing to go!
Taking inspiration from our holiday, we wanted to recreate the same vibrancy and colour, what better way to do this then to encase it all in one dish that is full of summer explosions of fresh peppers, tomatoes, potatoes, lemons & herbs.
Nothing could be more simple than this dish. I am a big believer of the “chuck it all together” philosophy, why make things more complicated then they need be? if the key ingredients are right you will always have a wonderful dish, and this one needs virtually no work, no sweat or no tears and the result is a fresh and simple summer supper. (serves 2)
What do I need?
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Small bag of baby new potatoes
- 1 Punnet of cherry tomatoes
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Bunch of Thyme
- 1 Bunch of Rosemary
- 1 Lemon
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- Olive oil
- Optional - Asparagus
What do I do?
- Pop kettle on and boil water, once boiled transfer to pan for your potatoes
- Turn on your oven to 180C
- Put your new potatoes into the boiling water to start the cooking
- Heat your griddle pan.
- wash your chicken breasts and lightly brush oil on chicken sprinkle with pepper, turn over and repeat
- Chop up bell red pepper into strips
- Once pan in hot, light fry your chicken until the on the outside, turning over once browned and repeat on other side
- Remove from heat, we don’t want to cook through, we are merely browning up the outside. Once browned transfer chicken to oven proof shallow dish.
- Fry off the bell peppers put on top of chicken
- Drain off your potatoes and put around the chicken
- Add your cherry tomatoes, lemon wedges (making sure to squeeze the juice over the dish first), your herbs (rosemary and Thyme) over the top, lightly bash your cloves of garlic and pop into the dish also.
- Place into the oven on middle tray for at least 30-40 mins uncovered (Until your chicken in cooked through, some ovens vary in temperature)
- Serve with chilled glass of white wine and a big happy grin. Yay! you did it!