So I am not the only cook in this house, On Friday night I came home to cooked meal, and not just any run of the mill meal, this one was little different, it was herb encrusted Lamb Lollipops with 2 different dips! Lamb, some people love it , and others just simply hate it, quoting that the flavor of the meat as way to overpowering. I am in the former category, I love lamb, and its certainly Dave’s favorite too.
This particular recipe was inspired by a trip to Jaimie Olivers restaurant in Brighton, seeing as Dave has a penchant for lamb chops, he ordered Jaimes Lamb Lollipops, and was so taken with it he decided it was high time to recreate it at home.
What do I need?
- 200g Breadcrumbs
- bunch of flat leaf parsley
- clove of garlic, crushed
- Rind/zest of one lemon
- 4 Lamb Cutlets
- Flour for dusting
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 large bunch of mint
- 1 bunch of flat leaf parsley
- 1 lemon
- 50g Pine Nuts
What do I Do?
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F
- Put the breadcrumbs, parsley, garlic and lemon rind into a blender and blitz set aside.
- Prepare lamb cutlets by squeezing the juice of 1 lemon over the top, season lightly with salt and pepper,leave to rest.
- Prepare your dips, large handful of mint leaves, chop finely add to small bowl, add pinch of salt,Sugar, 1 Tablespoon of white wine vinegar,and a 1 teaspoon of water, keep tasting until its to your liking. set the dip aside
- Take 50g of pine nuts dry roast on your frying pan until browned. Pop into Blender with salt, pepper, handful of mint and flat leaf parsley, blitz in blender until breadcrumb consistency, put into a bowl and set aside.
- Put your eggs into a bowl and light beat.
- Lightly flour your board
- Take your lamb cutlets and lightly dust with flour, then dip into the egg mix before covering fully in the bread crumb mix.
- Repeat this process until all your cutlets are covered in the breadcrumbs
- Heat your oil in a non stick oven proof frying pan on medium heat
- Place your cutlets into the pan cook for 2-3 mins each side
- transfer the pan to the preheated oven and cook for further 10-12 mins until cooked to your liking.