It was over the weekend that I discovered a great app by way of the Donna Hay Magazine App. I have been a big fan of Donna since I lived in Australia her recipes are so simple, beautifully shot , and are so easy to make they are easy on the stress too!
The Donna Hay Magazine is truly a work of art, and my time is now spent flicking happily through the app on the iPad, drooling over new recipes. This next recipe is an oh so simple Donna Hay classic, its so fresh and simple, its a perfect midweek meal to russle up after work.
What do I need?
- 1 cup cooked instant couscous
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (plus extra for brushing)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 250g mixed cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped mint leaves
- 1/4cup chopped chives
- 1/4cup chopped flat-leat parsley leaves
- 1 small red onion, cut into wedges
- 4 x 235g pork cutlets, (used 4 pork chops here and it work just as well)
- 1 teaspoon store-bought harissa paste
- lemon wedges to serve
What do I do?
- Place the couscous, oil, lemon juice, tomatoes, mint chives and parsley in a bowl , toss to combine and set aside.
- Brush the quartered onion with oil.
- Brush the pork with oil and then rub in the harrissa paste
- Heat a chargrilled pan or BBQ over high heat and cook the onion for 3 minutes and set aside
- Add the pork to the pan and cook for 6-8 mins each side until cooked through
- Add the cooked onion to the couscous and mix to combine.
- Serve with pork and lemon wedges.
- This recipe serves 4 people